Go to the app store on your Apple or Android device and search “Bookmyne.” Then install this free app!
To find Franklin Free Library:
- Open the Bookmyne app.
- You can browse nearby libraries using your device’s GPS or search for us by typing Franklin Free Library.
- Tap the library’s name to view our information page. Tap the star at the bottom of this page to save the library’s information.
(NOTE: You can call the library by tapping the phone number, get directions to our location by tapping our address, or visit our website by tapping the web address.)
- You can then push the home icon at the top of this page to use the app.
To search the catalog:
- Select keyword, author, title, subject, or barcode from the drop down menu.
- Enter your search terms or scan a barcode (with compatible devices) and click the magnifying glass icon.
- This will take you to the book in the Four County Library System’s catalog. Click on the book to check its availability, read a summary and reviews, or get more information.
To place a hold on an item:
- Once you have located the item’s record in the catalog, click on the arrow for more options at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Place Hold.”
- This will prompt you to log in with your User ID and PIN. Your User ID is your 13 digit library card number. Your PIN is the same number you use to log into the catalog or download ebooks. If you do not know your PIN, please contact the library.
- Once you have entered this information, click “Submit.”
- This will allow you to choose the library where you will pick up your hold. Once you have selected the library, click “Place Hold.” This will submit your hold and take you to the confirmation page.
To review your account and renew items:
- From the app’s home screen, click “My Account.”
- If you have not yet logged in, you will be prompted to do this now.
- Click on any section to view the materials you have checked out, your holds, or fines.
- To renew an item, click on “Checked Out Items” and select the items that you would like to renew.
- Click on the arrow at the top of the screen to “Renew Checked” or “Renew All.” If the renewal is not accepted, you will receive an error message. If the renewal is accepted, the page will reflect your new due date.