Apply for a Library Card
Our Library is fully automated! We urge any library users who have not yet obtained a new barcoded library card to do so as soon as possible. You can no longer borrow library materials without a barcoded library card! In addition to checking out books in person at the Franklin Free Library and most other 4-County libraries, a new barcoded library card (and a home computer with internet access) also allows you to:
- Save time & gas by requesting materials online from most 4-County libraries, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! With a Franklin card, you will now be able to pick up the materials in Franklin.
- Avoid overdue fines by renewing materials online — 24/7!
- Log in to your account online to see a list of all the materials you currently have checked
out, and their due dates — 24/7!
- Access a great collection of premium
resources, including business & company information; full-text magazine & newspaper articles; homework help; Morningstar financial reports; health resources; genealogy materials; practice tests for civil service, occupational licensing, and school entrance exams … and lots more — 24/7!
- Free Downloadable eBooks & Audiobooks!
With great benefits like these, why wait? Pick up a library card application on your next trip to the library, or print one out at home:
Once we’ve received your completed application form and entered the information from your application into our computer system, we’ll give you a new barcoded library card. There is no charge for the new card.
If you have any questions, please call or drop by the library for more information.